- Stachybotrys Chartarum
18 years of combined experience inspecting commercial and real estate & 50 years of combined experience in the building industry
Call Today 306-690-3333 or 306-631-1295
Moose Jaw, SK
Mold damages what it grows on. The longer it grows the more damage it can cause. If there is a mold problem in your home, you should clean up the mold promptly. Mold can be hidden, growing on the water from a hidden leak, and can develop into a potentially large problem if not caught in time.
According to Dr. John D. Shane, Vice President of Laboratory services of PRO-LAB millions of homes across America have hidden water leaks that are promoting mold growth that can expose homeowners to mold spores.Mold has a potential to cause health problems like allergies, irritation (to lungs, eyes, skin, throat, nose) and are potentially toxic. Inhaling and touching mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals and normally healthy individuals may become sensitive to mold after exposure.
The EPA states that, ” It is important to take precautions to limit your exposure to mold and mold spores. Avoid breathing in mold or mold spores “. The EPA also recommends that if you suspect you have a hidden mold problem you should consider hiring an experienced professional, such as myself to avoid exposure to potentially massive doses of mold spores.
Testing your home on a regular basis is a prudent way to prevent small problems from growing into a costly and unhealthy situation, and always avoid exposing yourself and others to hold.
Recent studies show that over half of the homes in America are inflicted with this deadly, airborne poison we call Mold. Mold growth is associated with a moisture problem, and can be a direct result from a leaky roof, plumbing, air humidifiers, poor ventilation or sub-par insulation.
Do-not panic, not all molds are dangerous. Arrange to schedule a thorough mold inspection.